Academic Qualifications Panel
About the panel
The Academic Qualifications Panel consists of a chairman and up to 16 others.
To access the files, you must be a member of the Academic Qualifications Panel
Membership of the Academic Qualifications Panel is a good way to play an active role in industry developments and form lasting partnerships with relevant organisations and government agencies.
Membership of the panel involves attending meetings, assisting the work of study groups and acting as a point of contact for the panel. As a member you'll have full access to all Academic Qualifications Panel meeting minutes and other related documents.
There are three stages to full acceptance in any grade of membership; but the Academic Qualifications Panel is concerned with only Stage 1 educational requirements. Principal responsibilities include:
- Dealing with all matters connected with the Institution’s academic requirements for membership and in particular the assessment of degrees, diplomas and certificates not on the accredited/approved lists of qualifications.
- Dealing with all matters connected with the Engineering Council Examinations, the selection of papers for candidates whose qualifications have been assessed as per 1 above.
- Dealing with all matters connected with alternatives to the Engineering Council Examinations, such as stand alone modules at specified universities and to guide applicants through this process.
- In order to fulfill the above, accumulate and continuously update a data bank of information, with case histories of past decisions, with regard to the prevailing standards of academic institutions, particularly those overseas.
- Considering applications from candidates who have completed Further Learning in order to achieve the academic standards deemed to satisfy the educational base for Chartered Membership and/or Associate- Membership and/or Technician Membership.
- Considering appeals against decisions made by the panel and resubmissions as necessary.
- Approving synopses and full report submissions and to appoint assessors for those applying via the Technical Report Route.
- Arranging and conducting necessary Technical Report Route interviews and to approve the results.
- Considering any other matters as directed by the Membership Committee.
- Reporting decisions to the Membership Committee and, as appropriate, to the Engineering Council.
If you have an enquiry or wish to register your interest in serving on the panel, please contact the panel secretary.