About the Panel
The Ethics Panel consists of a Chair and up to 13 professionally registered volunteer Members of the Institution, or co-opted experts. The Panel members are all experienced practitioners, with an awareness of ethical issues, and are able to provide guidance to the Institution's wider membership.
To access the files, you must be a member of the Ethics Panel
Membership of the Ethics Panel is a good way to play an active role in developing guidance to ensure that the Institution's membership have access to relevant information on ethics.
Membership of the Panel involves attending up to four meetings a year, and actively contributing to the activities of the Panel. As a member you will have full access to all Ethics Panel meeting minutes and other related documents.
All Institution Members are invited, in the Autumn, to apply to join the Panel for the following session and should provide background information relating to their experience within the subject matter covered by the Panel.
- To ensure that the Institution's membership, both as individuals and organisations for whom Members work, remain up to date with changes to both the Institution's requirements and legislation relating to ethics, ethical behaviour and whistleblowing.
- To provide the Institution’s panels and committees, such as the Professional Conduct Committee (PCC) and Membership Committee, advice and guidance on ethics, ethical behaviour and whistleblowing.
- To promote and develop a series of activities to support the Institution's Members, both as individuals and employers in furthering their understanding and engagement on ethics, ethical behaviour and whistleblowing.
- To work with relevant external bodies to ensure that the Institution's membership remains up to date regarding ethics, ethical behaviour and whistleblowing.
Examples of the Panel's activities
- Development of the Institution guidance on ethics
- Development of ethical scenarios
- Development of FAQs and further reading
- Development of guidance on whistleblowing
If you have an enquiry please contact the Panel Secretary