Safety, Health and Wellbeing Panel
About the Panel
The Safety, Health and Wellbeing Panel consists of a Chair and up to 13 professionally registered volunteer Members of the Institution, (including one HSE representative and a Young Member representative) and where necessary, a legal representative or co-opted experts. The Panel members are all experienced practitioners in Safety, Health and Wellbeing issues and are able to provide guidance to the Institution's wider membership.
To access the files, you must be a member of the The Health and Safety Panel
Membership of the Safety, Health and Wellbeing Panel is a good way to play an active role in developing guidance to ensure that the Institution's Membership have access to relevant information on safety, health and wellbeing within the built environment.
Membership of the Panel involves attending four meetings a year, and actively contributing to the activities of the Panel. As a Member you will have full access to all Safety, Health and Wellbeing Panel meeting minutes and other related documents.
All Institution Members are invited, in the Autumn, to apply to join the Panel for the following session and should provide background information relating to their experience within the subject matter covered by the Panel.
- To ensure that the Institution's Membership, both as individuals and organisations for whom members work, remain up to date with changes to both the Institution's requirements and legislation on health and safety.
- To act as the focus for the Institution’s involvement, and that of its members, in health and safety related matters, and for the development of advice and guidance to all stake holders that may benefit from it.
- To keep under review, and to seek to influence, health and safety related legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other matters affecting the profession.
- To work with relevant external bodies to ensure that the Institution's Membership remains up to date regarding health and safety; for example HSE, CIC, ICE, inter alia
Examples of the Panel's activities
- Publication of the Health and Safety series in The Structural Engineer
- Publication of articles for the The Structural Engineer
If you have an enquiry please contact the Panel Secretary