Health and Safety Panel
About the panel
The Health and Safety Panel consists of a chairman and up to 15 others (including one HSE representative). Where necessary, the panel will also consult with a legal representative.
To access the files, you must be a member of the The Health and Safety Panel
Membership of the Health and Safety Panel is a good way to play an active role in industry developments and form lasting partnerships with relevant organisations and government agencies.
Membership of the panel involves attending meetings, assisting the work of study groups and acting as a point of contact for the panel. As a member you'll have full access to all Health and Safety Panel meeting minutes and other related documents.
The Health and Safety Panel
The H&S Panel comprises members with a wide spectrum of expertise and from various sizes and types of organisations. It includes both practising design engineers and academics.
The Panel meets four times a year and reports into the Design Practise, Risk and Structural Safety Committee. The Panel’s terms of reference are:
- To be responsible for developing and implementing policy concerning health and safety matters relating to structural engineering and the members of the Institution.
- To act as the focus for the Institution’s involvement, and that of its members, in health and safety related matters, and for the development of advice and guidance to all stake holders that may benefit from it.
- To keep under review, and to seek to influence, health and safety related legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other matters affecting the profession.
- To maintain working relationships with appropriate external bodies (HSE, CIC, ICE, inter alia).
- To maintain working relationships with other Institution committees and panels, such that information is disseminated appropriately.
If you have an enquiry or wish to register your interest in serving on the panel, please contact the panel secretary.