To access the files, you must be a member of the Research Panel
Membership of the Research Panel is a good way to play an active role in encouraging research and form lasting partnerships with both academics and those practising in industry.
Membership of the panel involves attending meetings, assisting with reviewing applications for the various grant schemes and Young Researchers Conference and acting as a point of contact for the panel. As a member you'll have full access to all Research Panel meeting minutes and other related documents.
- To promote the effective dissemination and application of the results of research to enhance the practice of structural engineering.
- To attract young people to research careers.
- To influence the direction of future research priorities.
- To promote and administer the Research Fund, Young Researchers' Conference, the Undergraduate Research Grant scheme, the MSc Research Grant Scheme and the Research Award Scheme.
- To liaise with other organisations with an interest in research.
- To take account of the international nature of the Institution in relation to the panel’s activities.
- To promote all aspects of research related to the science and art of structural engineering.
If you have an enquiry or wish to register your interest in serving on the panel, please contact the panel secretary.