About the Panel
The Research Panel consists of a Chair and up to 13 professionally registered volunteer Members of the Institution, a representative from Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), or co-opted experts. The Panel members are all experienced practitioners or academics involved in research and are able to provide guidance to the Institution's wider membership.
To access the files, you must be a member of the Research Panel
Membership of the Research Panel is a good way to play an active role in developing guidance to ensure that the Institution's membership have access to relevant information on research within the built environment.
Membership of the Panel involves attending four meetings a year, and actively contributing to the activities of the Panel. As a member you will have full access to all Research Panel meeting minutes and other related documents.
All Institution Members are invited, in the Autumn, to apply to join the Panel for the following session and should provide background information relating to their experience within the subject matter covered by the Panel.
- To oversee and support the annual Young Researchers' Conference
- To oversee and administer the three research grant schemes: Research Award, MSc Research Grant Scheme and Undergraduate Research Grant Scheme.
- To monitor and administer the Research Fund
- To propose ideas and initiatives to inform Institution activities relating to research and attracting young people into research careers
- To set research themes under the Industry Focussed Research Challenge.
Examples of the Panel's activities:
- Annual Young Researchers Conference
- Undergraduate Grant Scheme
- MSc Grant Scheme
- Research Award Scheme
If you have an enquiry please contact the Panel Secretary