About the Panel
The Sustainability Panel consists of a Chair and up to 13 professionally registered volunteer Members of the Institution, or co-opted experts. The Panel members are all experienced practitioners in sustainability issues and are able to provide guidance to the Institution's wider membership.
To access the files, you must be a member of the Sustainability Panel
Membership of the Sustainability Panel is a good way to play an active role in developing guidance to ensure that the Institution's membership have access to relevant information on sustainability within the built environment.
Membership of the Panel involves attending four meetings a year, and actively contributing to the activities of the Panel. As a member you will have full access to all Sustainability Panel meeting minutes and other related documents.
All Institution Members are invited, in the Autumn, to apply to join the Panel for the following session, and should provide background information relating to their experience within the subject matter covered by the Panel.
- To promote sustainability issues with the membership and to advise the Design Practise, Risk and Structural Safety Committee and Members on strategy and policy relating to sustainable construction.
- To provide a forum for debate and dissemination of information on sustainability issues in the built environment relevant to the membership.
- To monitor the profession’s training standards, traditions, and practise to ensure that structural engineers are able to provide a professional service to customers in relation to sustainable construction, and to promote change.
- To promote and instigate the development of effective industry-wide initiatives on sustainable construction in conjunction with other construction sector bodies.
Examples of the Panel's activities
- Sustainability Conference (2015 and 2017)
- Guidance on sustainability topics
- Sustainability FAQ's
- Information on materials relating to sustainability
If you have an enquiry please contact the Panel Secretary