Young Members' Panel
About the panel
Members of this panel are all under the age of 35.
To access the files, you must be a member of the Young Members' Panel
Membership of the Young Members' Panel is a good way to play an active role in industry developments and form lasting partnerships with relevant organisations and government agencies.
Membership of the panel involves attending meetings, assisting the work of study groups and acting as a point of contact for the panel. As a member you'll have full access to all Young Members' Panel meeting minutes and other related documents.
- To represent the views of younger members of the profession on a range of Institution activities and events.
- To consider and develop new initiatives for younger members.
- To advise on the content of the The Structural Engineer with regard to young members and other relevant materials on the Institution’s website.
- To raise the awareness and interest of young people, from school age upwards, in the profession and to encourage young people at university to join the Institution.
- To liaise with the Membership Committee, Application and Professional Review Panel, Education Panel and other relevant committees/panels as appropriate.
Starting a Young Members Group
If you are interested in starting a Young Members Group, then please see our 'how to' guide.
If you have an enquiry or wish to register your interest in serving on the panel, please contact the panel secretary.
Start a Young Members Group
Starting a Young Members Group in your Regional Group is a great way to get more involved in your group and provide a programme better suited to young engineers.
Download the guide to find out more.