Bridges Study Group
The Bridges Study Group, originally entitled the Management and Maintenance of Bridges, was set up to create opportunities for interested parties to exchange ideas and work on deepening and developing a greater interest and knowledge of the management and maintenance of bridges of every kind. In June 2010 the group was amalgamated with the Arch Bridges Study Group to form the Bridges Study Group.
- Records and bridge census, inspections and access, strength assessment
- Serviceability and durability, safety, testing and research
- Load restrictions and effects of the infrastructure
- Maintenance, strengthening and/or replacement
- Review of materials, specifications and design procedures
- Historical aspects and development
- Cost implications and life-cycle costing
- Responsibilities of owners and others
If you are interested in joining the Bridges Study Group, please contact the technical department.