Façade Engineering and the Structural Use of Glass Study Group
The Façade Engineering and the Structural Use of Glass Study Group was set up to disseminate and advance knowledge in façade engineering and structural glass by bringing together consulting engineers, architects, contractors, manufacturers and researchers.
- A definition of the role of the structural engineer and other professionals within the façade design team.
- Guidance notes on aspects of structural glass and façade design.
- Links between the Institution and other organisations with initiatives related to glass and façade engineering.
- A structured programme of knowledge gathering and dissemination, including seminars and workshops.
- Assistance with the revision of the Institution’s publications ‘Structural Use of Glass in Buildings’ and ‘Aspects of Cladding’.
If you are interested in joining the Façade Engineering and Structural Use of Glass Study Group, please contact:
Dr Mauro Overend PhD CEng MICE MIStructE
University of Cambridge,
Department of Engineering,