Message from fibUK Chair - Chris Hendy
Welcome to fibUK - the UK National Member Group of The International Federation for Structural Concrete, usually referred to as fib (federation international du beton).
fib has an exceptional heritage in shaping the state-of-the-art in the use of structural concrete. Its work formed the basis for the Structural Eurocode EN 1992.
fibUK works to support the objectives of fib: to advance the technical, economic, aesthetic and environmental performance of concrete construction. fib achieves this through academic research, the development of guidance and recommendations, and the publication of fib bulletins.
fibUK ensures the UK is represented at an international level in developing new international concrete design standards and guidance. Our members are the driving force for doing this, so if you are an academic or practitioner with relevant expertise to offer, and you would like your organisation to join fibUK, then we would love to hear from you.
The following have recently joined fibUK:
• University of Cambridge
• University of Leeds
• University of Birmingham
fibUK holds three events a year, open to all:
• fib:What’s happening? Free evening briefing - this year the event was held on 6 March 2019 - a recording will be available on the IStructE YouTube channel shortly.
• Free evening lecture - 13 June 2019
• Developments in Structural Concrete (Annual Conference) - 28 November 2019
Typical past events can be found on the IStructE YouTube channel. Try viewing the June 2018 lecture on Prestressed concrete: history, theory and practice.
Member benefits include:
• high-quality fib publications
• an electronic archive of technical bulletins
• access to fib’s global network
• the opportunity to participate in international commission and task groups
• Early Careers Group for members younger staff
Learn how to join fibUK.
Contact a member of the fibUK team.