Why join fibUK?
The UK National Group funds the UK National subscription and provides the formal UK delegation to fib.
Membership of fibUK gives you the opportunity to:
- Be at the forefront of technical developments in concrete
- Influence codes and standards
- Network and meet experts in concrete
- Identify research needs and partners
- Access all publications from fib international
What are the membership benefits?
Full members receive the following benefits via a named individual in their organisation:
- Bulletins – generally 2 – 4 hard copy reports per year on technical, economic, aesthetic, ergonomic and sustainability aspects of concrete construction from fib international; also archive of bulletins available as pdf on-line (with a one year lag from publication date)
- Journal - The quarterly hard copy journal Structural Concrete containing the latest news from fib international and a selection of technical papers
- Directory - an annual publication from fib international giving details of the structure and membership of fib, the work of the Commissions, Task Groups, and Special Activity Groups with contact names
- Events – at discounted rates
- Visibility – logo on UK website and listing in international directory
Classes of membership
The UK Group has three classes of membership:
- Corporate Membership - For companies and organisations interested in the advancement of structural concrete and related fields. Annual subscription is £750. Click here for a full list of benefits. Note that pdfs of fib bulletins can be loaded onto company intranets. Apply here.
- Note that extra subscriptions are available for employees of existing corporate members at £190 per person. Apply here.
- Sole Practitioner and Small Firm Membership - This class is a variant of Corporate Membership for firms with five or fewer professional staff. An individual therein must have sufficient expertise (as deemed by the Management Committee) to make a valid contribution to the Group. Annual subscription is £190. Click here for a full list of benefits. Apply here.
- Academic Membership - For universities or educational establishments interested in the advancement of structural concrete and related fields. Annual subscription is £490. Click here for a full list of benefits. Note this includes access to the entire on-line archive of bulletin pdfs. Membership benefits are received via a named staff member who can disseminate information and bulletins to colleagues and students as the need arises. Apply here.
Contact the fibUK secretary Berenice Chan.