Introduction to BREEAM
BREEAM inspires designers, developers and construction product manufacturers to innovate and make effective use of resources, which makes BREEAM certified developments attractive, generating sustainable environments that enhance well-being for the people who live and work in them. The course provides an understanding overview of the construction asset life cycle stages BREEAM schemes can cover, the key sustainability factors assessed and how this relates to the global context. It gives an overview of the assessment process and timeline, and the key principles of certification that ensure the reliability, impartiality and comparability of a BREEAM rating to give added value to your any project.
This course is ideal for anyone looking to understand what BREEAM is about, and forms a foundation for further training in BREEAM.
This course is delivered in three modules covering:-
- The benefits of a sustainable building
- Scope of the BREEAM Schemes
- Roles within BREEAM
- Assessment Process
- Principles of certification
The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no examinations associated with this course.
At the end of this short course you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of using BREEAM;
- Understand the different BREEAM schemes and their scope;
- Identify the role of the BREEAM Assessor, and other roles within the BREEAM process;
- Understand how a project is assessed and rated in BREEAM; and
- Understand the importance of certification.
The post Introduction to BREEAM appeared first on BRE Academy.
Enter discount code IStructE15 at checkout for 15% off the purchase of any of BRE's online courses.
Clicking 'Buy this course' will leave the Institution website and take you to the BRE website.
Buy this course
Online courses in partnership with the BRE Academy