EEFIT Research Grants
Applications for the EEFIT Research Grant Scheme are now closed. Details of previous winners can be found here.
Up to two grants of £1,500 each are available.
EEFIT Research Grants support short-term projects that will benefit earthquake disaster mitigation and post-disaster reconnaissance efforts. Projects on hazards related to earthquakes can also be funded under this scheme.
Topics for study:
- Hazard assessment
- Post-disaster impact assessment
- Field data collection tools
- Post-disaster data assessment methods
- Damage assessment techniques
- Mitigation measures
- Monitoring recovery and/or reconstruction
- Assessing resilience.
- You must either be a current EEFIT member or join EEFIT (subscription of £15) to receive a grant.
- You must be over 18. Members and non-members from any country may apply.
- Projects that feature multiple students are allowed.
- Applications must be submitted by the project lead, or in the case of an undergraduate, graduate or PhD student by academic supervisors.
- Each project must be submitted as a separate application. A single application featuring multiple projects will be disqualified and featured projects may be refused resubmission.
- All supporting documentation must be submitted with the application by the closing date.
Conditions of the grant:
When you accept a grant you agree to:
- Allow details of your project to appear on istructe.org.
- Provide EEFIT with a written report on the project, within two months of completion.
- Present the results of your research at an evening technical meeting.
- Grants will be issued in two instalments of £750: the first immediately and the second on receipt of a project report of appropriate quality. If you need a larger first instalment you can apply for an adjusted arrangement.
Please contact the EEFIT Secretary.