Iconic Global Structures: what can we learn?
Collaboration. Efficiency. Safety.
||29 - 30 September 2019
||Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek, United Arab Emirates
The first joint international conference organised by The Institution of Structural Engineers and the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) of ASCE.
Join structural engineers, architects and project stakeholders for in-depth case studies exploring differing international design and construction demands, the challenges that lie ahead and how we can find globally connected solutions.
Key themes to be addressed
• High Volume Occupancy venues
• Unusual Structures – usual codes do not apply
• Performance Based Design Tall Buildings
Structures featured will include Shanghai Tower
(China), Jeddah Tower
(Saudi Arabia), Singapore Sports Hub
(Singapore), London Eye
(United Kingdom) and Salesforce Tower
Following keynote addresses, participate in interactive panel discussions with the experts.
Who should attend?
- Learn from expert speakers specialising in iconic projects spanning Asia, Middle East, North America and Western Europe.
- Contribute to a dialogue aiming to advance global interoperability.
- Explore financial and economic considerations of large-scale international construction projects.
- Discuss the challenges and lessons learned from working in different regions of the world focusing on standards of professional competence, building codes and legal and regulatory environments.
- Understand the particularities of design and construction in an ever-evolving interconnected environment.
- Improve collaboration among international teams.
Anyone interested in learning more from pre-eminent global engineering, architecture and construction professionals about global iconic structural projects and the considerations of large-scale international construction projects:
- Building authorities
- Code officials and regulators
- Construction specialists
- Materials and systems suppliers
Registration opens March 2019.