The aim of this workshop is to focus on the design and detailing of structural glass elements.
By the end of this afternoon, participants should be able to:
- Recognise the performance of glass as a structural material
- Apply current methodology of designing structural glass elements that is based on limit state theory
- Design simple structural elements in glass
- Specify structural glass elements
- Inspect and maintain structural glass elements
Experienced structural engineers who are well-versed in the design of more traditional materials such as steel, concrete and timber using current codes of practice.
Practicing structural engineers with at least one year's postgraduate experience and/or members of the postgraduate studies academic community.
Refreshments available at 1.30pm, course starts promptly at 2.00pm