This course offers an introduction to base and loadings Eurocodes and timber design to Eurocode 5.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Recognise the basics of designing timber elements to Eurocode 5
- Compare and contrast the design methods of BS 5268 and Eurocode 5
- Assess the intricacies involved in designing timber elements to Eurocode 5
- Appraise the wood technology and scientific research behind certain clauses of Eurocode 5
- Use the peripheral standards and further commercial information to design with Eurocode 5
- Use Eurocode 5 for practical design situations
Dr Keerthi Ranasinghe is the Principal Structural Engineer & Eurocodes Consultant for Exova BM TRADA, representing TRADA on the British Standards Institution (BSI) committees B/525/5 (Timber), B/525/1 (Actions) and B/525/-/32 (Fire). Keerthi is also the UK representative on several working groups of the European Committee for Standardization, as well as being a member of its two technical bodies.
Keerthi is also the author of the Eurocode 5 version of the popular TRADA publication Span Tables, is the expert behind TRADA’s Eurocode 5 online software suite, and is the expert commentator on BSI’s Eurocodes online initiative.
Before joining TRADA, Keerthi worked as a university senior lecturer, practised as a structural engineer in London, and was a visiting lecturer at Surrey University.
Graduate to very senior and managing engineers.
Familiarity with timber engineering may be beneficial, but is not essential.
Eurocode 5: Connections and Advanced Topics in Timber Design course is being run on the next day, 27 June 2018 – a discount is available if both courses are booked together.
If we have not received enough bookings to break even one month before the date of the course, we will have to cancel it. So if you are interested, please don’t delay booking your place.