This course builds knowledge and confidence in your sketching abilities.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Draw confidently using a repertoire of techniques and drawing systems
- Draw simple geometric forms, building details in isometric, axonometric, section and simple perspectives
- Express a broad range of concepts and forms through drawing
- Draw assuredly from your ‘mind's eye’
- Use non-verbal communication professionally
Trevor Flynn is Director of Drawing at Work and founder of The Drawing Gym. He teaches drawing at the Engineering Department at University College London and runs the architectural and spatial drawing module of the Architectural Association foundation course. Trevor is a visiting lecturer at the School of Architecture at Bath University and is a drawing instructor in several architectural and engineering offices, including Arup, Foster and Partners, Ramboll, AKT, Atkins and Expedition Engineering.
Engineers and designers, including product designers, architects and set designers, seeking a set of 2D and 3D strategies to help visualise spatial concepts.
This course is suitable for all levels of ability, including non-sketchers, rusty practitioners, and those who sketch frequently but want to make drawings of a higher standard, possibly for use in presentations. Attendees will be sent a small set of course sheets prior to starting the course, which will enable you to practise sketching before you attend. You will leave with another set to help you keep practising.