This course provides an understanding of temporary works, how they are managed in construction and the importance of controlling costs and risks.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Identify what temporary works are
- Discuss the Bragg Report and procedural management of temporary works
- Differentiate the roles of designated individual, Temporary Works Coordinator and Temporary Works Supervisor
- Identify who can design and check temporary works, residual risks and design responsibilities
- Manage common issues with temporary works
Ray Filip is a chartered civil engineer and consultant who specialises in the design and construction of temporary works. He has spent nearly 20 years working for contractors in the UK and abroad. Ray is self-employed, and works for his own company, RKF Consult Ltd, which he formed in 2007.
Graduates and structural engineers from consultants, contractors, suppliers or academia who are either approaching, or have recently achieved, chartered status.
The course is also suitable for non-technical persons who wish to have a CPD refresher on the latest philosophies and documents on Temporary Works.
None. However, participants with some previous exposure to temporary works will benefit from the tutor’s experience.
Don't delay booking your place - if we have not received enough bookings to break even one month before the date of the course, we will have to cancel it.