This course focuses on the design and analysis of tall buildings.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognise the performance of tall buildings
- Design effective lateral stability systems for tall buildings
- Demonstrate how to design a tall building under blast or impact loading
- Describe how to design tall buildings for fire safety
- Use different software to analyse tall buildings
- Apply the pertinent design codes
Dr Feng Fu is a chartered structural engineer and the Vice Chair of the Institution’s North Thames Regional Group. He was involved in the structural fire design and analysis for The Shard. His paper Grenfell Tower Disaster: how did the fire spread so quickly?, published in The Conversation, has attracted 200,000 reads worldwide.
Structural engineers or students who work in the tall building design sectors.
Practising structural engineers or postgraduate students.
Safety in tall buildings and other buildings with large occupancy
Many of our courses have an associated, Institution-published manual or guide. Enjoy an exclusive 50% discount on a printed copy of the publication when you attend this course.
Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org before the course, attaching your Eventbrite ticket as proof of participation.
Don't delay booking your place - if we have not received enough bookings to break even one month before the date of the course, we will have to cancel it.