This course familiarises you with EN 1991 - Eurocode 1: Actions on structures, which primarily relates to buildings. It will include the basis of structural design, densities, self-weight and imposed loads, snow loads, wind loads, thermal actions, actions during execution and accidental actions.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Recognise the parts relating to actions in Eurocode EN 1990: Basis of structural design, which is the head material independent code and needs to be used with every Eurocode part
- Describe the parts and clauses relating to buildings in EN 1991 - Eurocode 1: Actions on structures
- Explain the UK National Annexes for EN 1991
- Distinguish the main differences between the EN 1991 and BS 6399 Parts 1, 2 and 3
Professor Haig Gulvanessian is a civil engineering and Eurocode consultant. He was the Chairman of the key Eurocode committees, producing EN 1990: Basis of structural design, and Chairman for the committee producing EN 1991: Actions on structures. Haig has been awarded a CBE for Services to the construction industry.
Chartered and graduate civil and structural engineers. It will also be of interest to building control officers, architects and chartered surveyors.
- Manual for the design of building structures to Eurocode 1
- Basis of structural design
Many of our courses have associated, Institution-published manuals or guides. Enjoy an exclusive 50% discount on printed copies of these publications when you attend this course.
Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org before the course, attaching your Eventbrite ticket as proof of participation.
Don't delay booking your place - if we have not received enough bookings to break even one month before the date of the course, we will have to cancel it.