This course familiarises you with EN 1991 - Eurocode 1: Actions on Structures, which primarily relates to buildings. It will include the basis of structural design, densities, self-weight and imposed loads, snow loads, wind loads, thermal actions, actions during execution and accidental actions.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Recognise the parts relating to Actions in Eurocode EN 1990: The Basis of Structural Design, which is the head material independent code and needs to be used with every Eurocode part
- Describe the parts and clauses relating to buildings in EN 1991 - Eurocode 1: Actions on Structures
- Explain the UK National Annexes for EN 1991
- Distinguish the main differences between the EN 1991 and BS 6399 Parts 1, 2 and 3
Professor Haig Gulvanessian is a civil engineering and Eurocode consultant. He was the Chairman of the key Eurocode committees, producing EN 1990: Basis of Structural Design, and Chairman for the committee producing EN 1991: Actions on Structures. He has been awarded a CBE for Services to the Construction Industry.
Chartered and graduate civil and structural engineers. It will also be of interest to building control officers, architects and chartered surveyors.
- Manual for the design of building structures to Eurocode 1
- Basis of structural design.
Many of our courses have associated, Institution-published manuals or guides. Enjoy an exclusive 50% discount on printed copies of these publications when you attend this course.
Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org before the course, attaching your Eventbrite ticket as proof of participation.
If we have not received enough bookings to break even one month before the date of the course, we will have to cancel it. So if you are interested, please don’t delay booking your place.