This half day course explains The Construction Act and the rights and duties it confers on engineers, employers and clients.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Distinguish between situations where the Act applies, and when it does not
- Recognise and avoid problems
- Improve your cashflow and avoid deductions by operating the Act’s provisions
- Appraise procedural disputes and challenges under the Act
- Identify genuine claims from bogus challenges
- Manage the provisions of the Act confidently and without procedural mistakes
Rob Langley has an MA (Oxon) in Jurisprudence and is a barrister, solicitor, Fellow of the Society of Advanced Legal Studies, practising adjudicator, arbitrator and mediator. He is a law firm partner specialising in engineering and construction law, dealing with almost every form of contract. He has extensive and successful experience of defending claims against construction professionals.
Principally, senior managers and partners, commercial managers, commercial directors, as well as more junior staff who are coming into system management roles and any engineer appointed under the standard forms to administer and certify payments or applications by contractors to employers.
Don't delay booking your place - if we have not received enough bookings to break even one month before the date of the course, we will have to cancel it.