This two day practical course presents methods for using computational design within engineering design.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Generate parametric structural layouts
- Quickly export simple structures to analysis packages
- React to changes during the design process
- Analyse a problem and design a script to automate the solution
- Recognise how and why various data structures are used
Harri Lewis helped found Ramboll Computational Design (RCD). After completing his MPhil in Digital Architectonics, he returned to RCD, but later joined the Specialist Modelling Group at Foster + Partners. Harri is the founder of Mule Studio, which works in the fields of engineering, architecture, industrial design and research.
Lorenzo Greco is a structural engineer skilled in software development. His main areas of expertise are optimisation and machine learning for engineering, computational methods for engineering, and various programming languages.
Student or professional engineers.
Don't delay booking your place - if we have not received enough bookings to break even one month before the date of the course, we will have to cancel it.