This half day course assists engineers working in the domestic sector for householders or small business people.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Agree and record clear, enforceable agreements with non-professional clients with no technical background and limited experience
- Recognise the ‘consumer protection’ background
- Recognise and avoid misunderstandings around fees and variations, delays, and your own and the contractor’s responsibility
- Respond to complaints correctly
- Communicate effectively and get paid more easily
Rob Langley has an MA (Oxon) in jurisprudence and is a barrister, solicitor, Fellow of the Society of Advanced Legal Studies, practising adjudicator, arbitrator and mediator. He is a law firm partner specialising in engineering and construction law, dealing with almost every form of contract. He has extensive and successful experience of defending claims against construction professionals.
Owners, directors, managers and employees working in small practices or as sole practitioners, particularly for the domestic sector and for non-commercial or non-professional clients.
In partnership with