This half day course covers all aspects of the design, selection and installation of safety critical anchors into concrete and masonry.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Manage the process for safe anchor installations to achieve best practice
- Design standards for anchors
- Use selection criteria for specification of anchors
- Employ anchor types and operating principles
- Identify failure mechanisms and their consequences
John Muir is Technical Manager of the Construction Fixings Association. He is a graduate civil engineer who worked for a large civil engineering contractor for 10 years, a specialist structural repair contractor for five years, and who spent the next 25 years working for Hilti (G.B. Ltd). Here, he worked on the design and specification of anchors and
other engineered products.
All levels of engineer involved in the construction process using safety critical anchors. This includes those directly responsible for designing anchor applications, as well as those responsible for the consequences of failure of such systems.
Don't delay booking your place - if we have not received enough bookings to break even one month before the date of the course, we will have to cancel it.