The construction industry continues to explore way to redevelop existing structures and reduce the use of new materials, demonstrating its commitment to reducing its environmental impact. By moving towards implementing the circular economy, reuse is soon to become the default construction type for concrete building projects.
Structural engineers will increasingly be expected to understand how to justify, repair, reuse and repurpose existing concrete buildings.
This webinar will explore some of the common concrete building construction types and materials that were commonly used between 1950 – 1985 and outline the difficulties you might encounter during a resuse project.
- Further your understanding of existing concrete frame buildings.
- Understand common concrete building construction types, including flat slabs, double tee beams, large panel systems and more.
- Find out how to overcome some of the challenges of working on ageing concrete buildings during a reuse project.
- Directors, Managers, SMEs owners
- Structural Engineers of all levels
- Architects, Designers, Contractors