By the end of the course, you should have:
- An overview of the design of masonry to the Eurocode
- An understanding of masonry materials
- Been introduced to the standards supporting the use of masonry.
- Understand how to design for vertical load
- Completed design examples for vertical load and concentrated load
- Understand how to design for lateral load
- Completed a design example for lateral load
- Know where to find relevant information to support their future designs
Structural engineers interested in the design of masonry to Eurocode 6.
Professor John Roberts is an independent consultant and the Principal of the Technical Innovation Consultancy, which specialises in supporting innovation in construction.He currently chairs the UK panel for Eurocode 6 and is the UK project team member for the revision of the Eurocode. He is President of the International Masonry Society and Chairman of the International Advisory Panel for Masonry International.