Forum terms and conditions
Warranties and disclaimers
Considering the real-time nature of the discussion forums, it is impossible to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted.
Please remember that the Institution does not actively monitor the contents of and is not responsible for any messages posted.
The Institution does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Institution.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Institution immediately by email.
The Institution has the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame, if removal is determined necessary.
This is a manual process, however, so please realise that it may not be possible to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
Although the Institution does not and cannot review each and every message that is posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, it reserves the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.
Messages are typically deleted as a result of the following:
- profanity in subject lines or signatures, or profanity within messages
- spamming or commercial solicitation
- inflaming other members with the apparent intent of inciting or perpetuating a conflict or argument
- bombing forums or individual threads with repetitive, pointless posts
- posting personal email or chat dialogues
- posting objectionable material
- impersonating other individuals or false representation
- discussion of illegal activity, or posting links to other websites that deal with such activities
- posts made under secondary usernames or other aliases
- posts which are completely unrelated to the forum in which they are posted
- excessive cross-posting (this is considered spam)
- posts which breach another member's privacy, i.e. containing phone numbers, addresses or other personal information
- copyright violations
You agree, through your use of the discussion forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You agree, through your use of the discussion forums, not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or the Institution.
You agree, through your use of the discussion forums, not to post advertising of any kind in the forums whether you are a private party or company.
The Institution also reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information is known about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Limitation of liability
In no event will the Institution be liable for any damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages relating to lost revenues or profits, lost data, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction) resulting from or in any way related to the use of any materials posted on or made available in the discussion forums or any other web site to which a link is provided or on which a link is provided to these discussion forums, even if the Institution has been advised of the possibility of such damages and regardless of the legal theory on which such damages are based.
Please contact the Institution if you have any questions.