Our forums are intended to allow both structural engineers and non-structural engineers to discuss the matters which affect them, obtain help with any queries and act as a useful way in which to communicate.

For more information, please visit the I need help or frequently asked questions areas.

General Public forum for all website users to post comments or queries
New thread | Subscribe to forum | Institution Forums > General
Thread Created by Posts Views Last post
Client threatening of Complaint to IstructE & court Notice enm1sg
9 12437 Roger Faires
(14/02/2019 17:26:54)
1 43
(14/02/2019 12:11:15)
Floor Load Capacity?
1 62
(12/02/2019 22:28:58)
Retrospectively Collated Route for chartership Amir Itamar
2 1544 Nabil Attari
(10/02/2019 05:33:23)
Thinking of starting up again
2 1844
(05/02/2019 11:48:34)
Pure bending
3 2698
(04/02/2019 11:46:00)
structural engineering
2 3614
(01/02/2019 10:50:49)
mutual agreement between IstructE and PRC NABER(S) Andy_TSOI
46 79592 Chi Ng
(31/01/2019 02:30:04)
Swimming Pool Design
8 21270 Stewart Robinson
(24/01/2019 18:05:32)
BS8110 Anchorage
1 3360
(24/01/2019 16:58:28)
1 2 3 4 5 ...

PLEASE NOTE: Users seeking advice on home improvements or adaptations should consult a structural engineer using our Building Confidence service, where you can locate a trustworthy professional near you and get the advice you need to ensure your works are safe and secure. No advice provided within the forum can be guaranteed by the Institution, neither can it be a substitute for a consultation on site.

It is important that before using any of the Institution forums, that you have read and understood our complete terms and conditions of use.

All of the pages on this website are the copyright © of The Institution of Structural Engineers.

The Institution of Structural Engineers, International HQ, 47-58 Bastwick Street, London, EC1V 3PS, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)20 7235 4535 Fax: +44 (0)20 7235 4294
Registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales No. 233392 and in Scotland No. SC038263
Follow us on: Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Youtube The Structural Engineer Jobs