The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 13 (1935) > Issues > Issue 1 > The History of the Institution Branches II. The Western Counties Branch
Name of File 1622-13-01.pdf cached at 13/12/2017 10:55:23 - with 1 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\de\de16e30a-d6ac-4683-9ae8-41c452ef261f.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\de16e30a-d6ac-4683-9ae8-41c452ef261f_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: de16e30a-d6ac-4683-9ae8-41c452ef261f_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

The History of the Institution Branches II. The Western Counties Branch

THE inaugural meeting of the Branch was held at the University of Bristol on January 6th, 1923, when the President of the Institution (Mr. E. Fiander Etchells) presided and delivered an address on the scope and objects of the Institution, and the advantages accruing from the formation of Branches. Mr. Gower Pimm, who had acted as convener of the meeting, was elected first Chairman of the Branch, and Mr. F.C. Webber undertook the duties of Honorary Secretary. Since its formation the office of Chairman has been held by the following :-Mr. Gower Pimm, Sir Charles T. Ruthen, Mr. A.J. Taylor, and Mr. L.H. Moore; and the office of Hon. Secretary by Messrs. F.C. Webber, Gower Pimm and M.E. Adams, L.H. Moore and W.A. Williams, F.E.G. Hammond.

Author(s): Ridley, Martyn Noel

Keywords: istructe yorkshire branch;history