The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 13 (1935) > Issues > Issue 1 > The History of the Institution Branches III. The Yorkshire Branch
Name of File 1623-13-01.pdf cached at 14/12/2017 02:28:47 - with 2 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\a5\a5cff477-e6e6-4fb1-b8f5-681ac34124da.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\a5cff477-e6e6-4fb1-b8f5-681ac34124da_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: a5cff477-e6e6-4fb1-b8f5-681ac34124da_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

The History of the Institution Branches III. The Yorkshire Branch

THE occasion of the granting of a Royal Charter to the Institution coincides with ten years’ activities of the Yorkshire Branch, and it is well that we should render an account of our stewardship during the first decade. The inaugural meeting convened by Mr. D.T. Lloyd Jones (now the Borough Engineer of Halifax) was held in the Town Hall, Halifax, on Saturday, June 14th, 1924, at which, in a short address, he set out the reasons for calling the meeting, and the advantages to the Institution and its members of the formation of such a Branch. He referred to the wide scope of the Institution, and it is worthy of record that he expressed his conviction, even in those early days, that the Institution would see a great upward trend, culminating in the grant of a Royal Charter.

Author(s): Ridley, Martyn Noel

Keywords: istructe yorkshire branch;history