The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 13 (1935) > Issues > Issue 1 > The History of the Institution Branches IV. The Midland Counties Branch
Name of File 1624-13-01.pdf cached at 11/12/2017 09:46:06 - with 2 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\02\029c162e-5c4d-420b-a822-6b777df51730.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\029c162e-5c4d-420b-a822-6b777df51730_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: 029c162e-5c4d-420b-a822-6b777df51730_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

The History of the Institution Branches IV. The Midland Counties Branch

SOME ten years ago-November 22nd, 1924-Mr. W.R. Parsonage (Member) called a meeting at the Technical College, Wednesbury, of members located in the Midlands, to consider the desirability of forming a branch of the Institution for the Midland Counties. It was decided to petition the Council for permission to form a branch, and a small Committee consisting of Messrs. Carrington, Collins, Cotterell, Lawton, and Telford-with Mr. Parsonage as Hon. Secretary-was formed to make the necessary arrangements. Mr. J.C. Telford was elected first Chairman, and Mr. E.L. Cotterell was subsequently elected Vice-chairman, sharing with Mr. Telford the duty of Chairman for nearly three years.

Author(s): Ridley, Martyn Noel

Keywords: istructe yorkshire branch;history