The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 15 (1937) > Issues > Issue 12 > New Westminster Hospital
Name of File 1776-15-12.pdf cached at 16/12/2017 20:48:10 - with 16 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\8d\8d99353a-4565-4ae2-b617-d93f0ed7a899.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\8d99353a-4565-4ae2-b617-d93f0ed7a899_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: 8d99353a-4565-4ae2-b617-d93f0ed7a899_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

New Westminster Hospital

In 1715 four gentlemen met in a coffee house in Fleet Street to discuss the needs of the Westminster poor, and from this meeting Westminster Hospital came into being four years later. A house was taken in Petty France, so named because it, was a haven for Huguenot refugees in the sixteenth century, where a dozen in-patients could be accommodated and assistance rendered to others. R. Travers Morgan

Author(s): Morgan, R Travers

Keywords: westminster hospital, london;history;steel;frames;cladding;panels;brickwork;construction work;foundations;retaining walls;vibration;isolation;arp;floors