The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 19 (1941) > Issues > Issue 3 > Inspection of Mainline Bridges, Newfoundland Railway
Name of File 2580-19-03.pdf cached at 13/12/2017 05:15:04 - with 10 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\fd\fd67d68e-c21a-4089-a506-82b668571bea.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\fd67d68e-c21a-4089-a506-82b668571bea_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: fd67d68e-c21a-4089-a506-82b668571bea_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

Inspection of Mainline Bridges, Newfoundland Railway

THE Newfoundland Railway although now owned and operated as a Government facility, was originally built as a private undertaking, or a series of private undertakings, in the period 1893-1897. The lines were taken over by the Government in 1923 from the Reid Newfoundland Company and have been merged into one system consisting of a main line from Portaux-Basques to St. John's and certain branch lines of varying importance and chequered history, only a few of which are actually in operation. P.L. Pratley

Author(s): Pratley, P L

Keywords: appraising;railway bridges;newfoundland, canada