The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 29 (1951) > Issues > Issue 2 > The Construction of an Extension to a Factory at Silvertown
Name of File 2093-29-02.pdf cached at 11/12/2017 05:56:13 - with 19 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\4f\4f88e806-76c8-4f05-ad38-14ab32d413a0.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\4f88e806-76c8-4f05-ad38-14ab32d413a0_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: 4f88e806-76c8-4f05-ad38-14ab32d413a0_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

The Construction of an Extension to a Factory at Silvertown

The site of the factory extension to be described extends from North Woolwich Road to the River Thames and covers approximately eleven acres. A wharf extends along almost the whole of the river frontage and is provided with 2-ton travelling electric cranes. Although it was necessary for the owners to have access to this wharf for outgoing goods during the progress of the works, the wharf was not used to receive materials or plant, and all such traffic was by road. Frank G. Etches

Author(s): Etches, Frank G

Keywords: industrial buildings;foundations;piles;roofs;construction work