The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 33 (1955) > Issues > Issue 4 > Early Reinforced Concrete in Newcastle upon Tyne
Name of File 2266-33-04.pdf cached at 12/12/2017 22:06:52 - with 4 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\c6\c6b1ae36-c025-4dd1-847a-9285cc36082c.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\c6b1ae36-c025-4dd1-847a-9285cc36082c_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: c6b1ae36-c025-4dd1-847a-9285cc36082c_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

Early Reinforced Concrete in Newcastle upon Tyne

THE new laboratories of the Rutherford College of Technology, Newcastle upon Tyne, are now under construction and, to clear the site, it was necessary to demolish a small house which was, at one time, the residence of the foreman of a builder’s yard. This house has considerable historical significance in the history of reinforced concrete and the opportunity was taken to investigate its construction. Professor W. Fisher Cassie

Author(s): Cassie, W Fisher

Keywords: reinforced concrete;housing;w b wilkinson;1860s;demolition;reinforcement