The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 36 (1958) > Issues > Issue 13 > The History of the Institution of Structural Engineers
Name of File 3769-36-13.pdf cached at 12/12/2017 22:02:17 - with 6 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\0c\0c249807-e7e7-46a1-98ee-6c4c037941a4.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\0c249807-e7e7-46a1-98ee-6c4c037941a4_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: 0c249807-e7e7-46a1-98ee-6c4c037941a4_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

The History of the Institution of Structural Engineers

THE INSTITUTION of Structural Engineers began as the Concrete Institute, a body founded in 1908 to bring together for discussion and common action persons interested in the study and dcvelopment of concrete, particularly reinforced concrete, at a time when that material was receiving scant attention from the older professional institutions. S.B. Hamilton