The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 66 (1988) > Issues > Issue 7 > The Reconstruction of Valley Parade Football Ground, Bradford, W. Yorks
Name of File 5088-66-04.pdf cached at 11/12/2017 04:01:18 - with 4 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\4c\4c9f4631-6a12-4c9c-adc6-4b694506c1f3.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\4c9f4631-6a12-4c9c-adc6-4b694506c1f3_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: 4c9f4631-6a12-4c9c-adc6-4b694506c1f3_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

The Reconstruction of Valley Parade Football Ground, Bradford, W. Yorks

Valley Parade (Fig 1) was excavated from a steep hillside in 1886 by Manningham Rugby Club. With the formation of the Football League 2 years later, soccer became a craze. By 1903 the club had changed its name and affiliations and was elected to the League. The ground was an open site until 1908 when City won promotion to the First Division. R. Corrigan