The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 69 (1991) > Issues > Issue 3 > The Ha'penny Bridge in Dublin
Name of File 5396-69-03.pdf cached at 17/12/2017 19:37:40 - with 4 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\29\29c6c013-abe0-4fb6-8073-9813829c6102.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\29c6c013-abe0-4fb6-8073-9813829c6102_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: 29c6c013-abe0-4fb6-8073-9813829c6102_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

The Ha'penny Bridge in Dublin

A cast-iron arched footbridge with a single span of 43 m was erected across the River Liffey in Dublin in 1816. The formal name of the bridge is now Liffey Bridge, but it has always been known as the Ha’penny Bridge. The paper describes the site of the bridge and features of its design and construction, and follows its history up to the present day. Analysis of the structure is not offered. J.W. de Courcy