The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 72 (1994) > Issues > Issue 13 > Academia. Civil and Structural Engineering at Bolton Institute
Name of File 5776-72-13.pdf cached at 11/12/2017 00:33:49 - with 1 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\9f\9f6b0797-708f-40f5-bdf1-6d4b11fb41f5.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\9f6b0797-708f-40f5-bdf1-6d4b11fb41f5_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: 9f6b0797-708f-40f5-bdf1-6d4b11fb41f5_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

Academia. Civil and Structural Engineering at Bolton Institute

The first full-time engineering course at Bolton started in 1958. By the early 1960s the beginnings of the present School had received full recognition of its comes by the then Council of Engineering Institutions. The School now has 34 academic staff, 18 support staff and over 950 full and part-time students, working within an Institute which has the mission ‘to be widely recognised for the accessibility and responsive ness of its services and for its commitment to high quality teaching, learning and research’. Professor C. Melbourne