The Structural Engineer > Archive > Volume 8 (1930) > Issues > Issue 9 > A Large Reinforced Concrete Aeroplane Hangar
Name of File 1527-08-09.pdf cached at 11/12/2017 23:04:21 - with 12 pages. pdfPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\50\508d7de1-a9a5-4223-9238-fa6be2e9ebb7.pdf. thumbPath: E:\k9.istructe.org\CMS\webtest\files\pdfthumbs\508d7de1-a9a5-4223-9238-fa6be2e9ebb7_1.png. objDoc: 1 - True. objPreview.Log: . strFileName: 508d7de1-a9a5-4223-9238-fa6be2e9ebb7_1.png

Members/subscribers must be logged in to view this article

A Large Reinforced Concrete Aeroplane Hangar

THE structure described in this paper should grove interesting, as it is a pioneer effort and embodies some original features. It is situated at Heston Air Park, Middlesex, where Messrs. Airwork, Ltd., have had the enterprise to establish the first private air park in the country for all classes of civilian aircraft, and the hangar has the distinction of being the first reinforced concrete structure of its kind in Great Brritain. The air park occupies an excellent site about twenty minutes' car ride from the city, and is already enjoying the success it so well deserves. The present hangar provides accommodation for aeroplanes up to nearly one hundred feet wing span, and there is ample space reserved on the site for larger aircraft when required. The aerodrome is well equipped with other buildings for every conceivable convenience and comfort of the public. C.E. Holloway