Chartered Member - Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)
An MRA exempts a candidate of part or all of the criteria/requirements (dependant on the individual agreement) to become a member of the Institution.
Candidates who are already one of the following:
- CEng registered with the Engineering Council through ICE, CIBSE, RINA, IIE, RAeS, IMechE or IMarEST
- CEng registered with Engineers Ireland - MIEI (Republic of Ireland)
- CPEng registered in the Structural College with Engineers Australia - MIEAust
- CPEng registered with the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand - MIPENZ
may submit an application to be considered for registration for the Institution's Chartered Membership Examination.
Please note: the submission of an application does not automatically register you for the examination.
Candidates are not required to submit evidence of their training, experience and Initial Professional Development (IPD) or undergo another professional review interview, although they must have taken the standard professional review with one of the Institutions listed above.
If you do not satisfy the agreement criteria you will be required to proceed through the standard procedures.
Mandatory reporting of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All members elected to a professional grade (Associate-Member, Technician, Associate, Chartered Member, Fellow) must comply with the Institution’s mandatory reporting of CPD policy.
- Application fee: £95
- Examination fee: £450
- Annual subscription: £331
Engineering Council fees (optional):
- Registration as CEng £50.70
- CEng (annual registration) £39.00
How to apply
Candidates with accredited degrees (or recognised equivalent) must submit Form M/MRA and relevant supporting documentation.
For further advice and guidance please contact the Membership department.