Technician Member - TIStructE
Technician Members are experienced structural engineering technicians most commonly working within a design team. They have a sound understanding of core structural engineering principles.
Technician Members benefit from the full range of membership benefits including the formal recognition of your professional status by being entitled to use the designation TIStructE. As well as being a qualification in its own right, Technician membership can be viewed as a stepping stone to more senior grades of membership.
Additionally, you may wish to gain further professional registration with the Engineering Council and use the designation EngTech.
Becoming a Technician Member is straightforward and in order to apply you will have to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a recognised academic or vocational qualification: National Certificate or Diploma in Structural/Civil Engineering or Construction or equivalent. Practising engineering technicians with appropriate knowledge and skills but without formal academic qualifications may still be eligible. For details refer to the academic requirements for Technician membership.
- Successfully complete the Institution's Initial Professional Development (IPD), which consist of 12 core objectives to bridge the gap between education and becoming a qualified Technician Member.
- Attend and pass a Professional Review Interview (PRI)
Applicants will hold the membership grade Student in Employment until they have successfully completed the Professional Review Interview.
Mandatory reporting of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All members elected to a professional grade (Technician, Associate-Member, Associate, Chartered Member, Fellow) must comply with the Institution’s mandatory reporting of CPD policy.
- Application fee: £80
- Interview fee (Individually Managed/Accredited Training Scheme/Retrospectively Collated): £140
- Late application fee: £125
- Annual subscription: £155
Engineering Council fees (optional):
- Registration for EngTech: £16.50
- EngTech (if already EngTech registered): £17.90
How to apply
To apply for Technician membership, you will need to complete Form TM and submit the relevant supporting documentation as listed on the application together with the appropriate fees.