East Anglian Regional Award for Structural Excellence: open to entries
The Awards recognise projects of any size or type and in any location.
The Award will be presented by the Institution’s President in December 2018.
Projects must have been completed between 1 April 2017 and 1 April 2018. Completion dates could include conclusion of defect liability periods.
Applicants must a member of the Institution and must have had a key role in the structural engineering behind the submission. Either the project or the applicant must be located within the East Anglian Regional Group area.
Applications should comprise:
- Synopsis (Maximum 1200 words)
- Up to eight A3 sized drawings or sketches (reduced A1/A0 drawings permitted)
- Up to ten photographs of project and/or aspect being submitted for consideration - with all submitted documents approved for use in Awards publicity by relevant parties.
- Submissions should be in A3 or A4 format and formed into a single PDF, PPT or Word document.
- Please include: name and location of the structure; name of the structural engineer and/or practice; development team details; a clear indication of the name required to be displayed on any award.
To enter, email your entry to John Gage
, requesting a delivery receipt. The deadline for submissions is Friday 27 July 2018.
- Applications will be judged by a ‘Regional Group Award Judging Panel’ appointed by the East Anglian Regional Group Committee.
- The award may not be presented if the judges do not consider any applications worthy of an award. Further, there may be more than one winner, or commendations issued, depending purely upon the merits of the submissions.
- The Regional Group Award Judging Panel’s decision is final. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into relating to the Panel’s decision.