2019 South Eastern Structural Awards
The Awards celebrate excellence throughout the region and are free to enter.
The Awards are judged on the structural engineering content of the application.
Submissions are invited from all organisations of any size and entries are particularly encouraged from small practices, specialist firms and sole practitioners.
The structural design must have been predominantly carried out by an Institution member of any grade in the region. Projects must have been constructed in the South Eastern region (with the exception of the international category).
All projects must have been substantially completed in the 2018 calendar year.
All eligible entries will be shown during the South Eastern Regional Group Annual Dinner on Wednesday 27 February.
Winners will be announced after the meal and winning projects will receive certificates from the Institution President.
- Small Project - Awarded for a project with a value up to £2m
- Medium Project - Awarded for a project with a value from £2m up to £10m
- Large Project - Awarded for a project with a value over £10m
- International Project - Awarded for a project of any size constructed Internationally but designed in the south eastern region.
- Most Sustainable Project - Awarded for projects which have demonstrated outstanding attention to sustainability.
- Most Innovative Project - Awarded for projects which have demonstrated outstanding attention to innovation.
Depending on the number of entries categories may be changed and category boundaries increased or reduced as necessary.
Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com by 20 February 2019.
Entries will be judged on submitted information only and will be judged based on the criteria provided in the entry requirements below.
Judging will be by the South Eastern Regional Group Committee or their delegates as required.
All categories will be awarded at the judges’ discretion. The judges’ decision is final.
Project Awards Entry Requirements
Entries must be submitted using the provided PowerPoint slide template.
Please edit the title to reflect the category you believe the project fits and use the space for an image to provide as many images as you feel would be legible on a projector and which demonstrate the key structural aspects of the project.
In the accompanying email you may include a brief narrative expanding on the reasons for entering your project. This should be copied into the PowerPoint slide notes to ensure it does not become separated.
Our priority is to reduce the entry requirements to a level where practices of whatever size, feel able to enter a project. We do not want the amount of time required to collate an entry to put members off.
Terms & Conditions
- The award entry must have a structural emphasis.
- All entries must have been substantially completed in the calendar year of 2018.
- The structural design must have been predominantly carried out by a member of the Institution in the Region of any grade. With the exception of the international category, projects must have been constructed in the South Eastern Region.
- All members of the project team, including the client must have given consent for the project to be entered into the Awards.
- If phases of the submitted design have been carried out by different organisations, the engineer submitting the entry must have obtained the agreement of the other parties involved. If necessary, a joint entry may be submitted.
- Permission should be obtained from the photographer or other copyright owner to use the photographs or other media submitted as part of your application. If copyright of any images belongs to another party, then this must be clearly stated in your submission. There is a space for this on the slide template.
- The slides will be shown during the Annual Dinner and will not be published. However, there is likely to be a follow up article and winners will be contacted to provide approved images.
- By submitting an entry, you consent to the use of all submitted media by The Institution of Structural Engineers Regional Group in any of its communications and for other Regional promotional material. This may include, but is not limited to print and digital marketing, PR and exhibition purpose.