The Pai Lin Li Travel Award
||Closed until 2020
||Grants of between £1,000 and £3,500 to study current practice or trends outside your own country
||Members of the Institution aged 35 years or under
An unrivalled opportunity for young members to pursue innovative and creative ideas abroad. The grant provides a fantastic opportunity to spend four to six weeks experiencing the technical, economic, social and political conditions in another country and to examine how these various factors affect the practice of structural engineering.
Topics for study
Studies of innovative materials and construction techniques are particularly encouraged.
Please provide a detailed proposal (of around 800-1,200 words) giving:
- the objectives of the study
- an itinerary of places and people to be visited (who should have already been contacted)
- a statement of expected costs
Please also provide:
- Your CV
- The name and contact details of two referees
- A supporting statement from your employer
You may be interviewed before receiving your grant.
Conditions of the grant
By accepting the grant you agree to:
- give a livestreamed lecture on your findings
- allow all project details to appear on istructe.org
Please contact the IStructE education team