The Regional Group would like to encourage all members to put themselves forward for the committee in order to:
- Influence the programme of events for the coming year
- Ensure that the local committee does what its members want it to
- Contribute to the profession
- Meet other professional engineers
- Enhance your CV and IPD record
Positions are available for ordinary committee members, as well as various specific roles. Whilst all roles, including Chairman, are eligible to new candidates, there are specific positions which are currently vacant:
- Student Members’ Representative
- Graduate Members’ Representative
- Committee membership is for a period of three years
- Treasurer and Secretary are one-year terms
- Existing committee members are eligible for re-election.
The nomination process is simple – please fill in the attached nomination form, with endorsement from a proposer and seconder, and return it to the Regional Group Secretary, Dan Newton, before 21 October 2019.
If the number of nominations for any post exceeds the number of vacancies, elections will be held at the AGM, with a postal vote option.
If you have any queries please contact Dan Newton.