BREEAM inspires designers, developers and construction product manufacturers to innovate and make effective use of resources, which makes BREEAM certified developments attractive, generating sustainable environments that enhance well-being for the people who live and work in them. The course provides an understanding overview of the construction asset life cycle stages BREEAM schemes can cover, the key sustainability factors assessed and how this relates to the global context. It gives an overview of the assessment process and timeline, and the key principles of certification that ensure the reliability, impartiality and comparability of a BREEAM rating to give added value to your any project.
This course is delivered in three modules covering:-
- The benefits of a sustainable building
- Scope of the BREEAM Schemes
- Roles within BREEAM
- Assessment Process
- Principles of certification
The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no examinations associated with this course.
At the end of this short course you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of using BREEAM;
- Understand the different BREEAM schemes and their scope;
- Identify the role of the BREEAM Assessor, and other roles within the BREEAM process;
- Understand how a project is assessed and rated in BREEAM; and
- Understand the importance of certification.
The BREEAM methodology has been used on some of the most sustainable buildings in the world.
Sustainable offices | Sustainable retail | Sustainable communities | Sustainable industrial developments | Sustainable schools | The Bloomberg Building
The post Introduction to BREEAM appeared first on BRE Academy.