BREEAM is the world’s leading sustainability assessment method for master planning projects, infrastructure and buildings.
Through third-party certification of the assessment of an asset’s sustainability performance, BREEAM recognises and reflects the value in higher performing assets across the built environment lifecycle. This means BREEAM-rated developments are more sustainable environments that enhance the well-being of the people who live and work in them. They also make for more attractive property investments.
You will have 9 months access to the training material and to pass the exams. Please note, the first exam fees are included in the course price.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the BREEAM process;
- Navigate the BREEAM International 2016 scheme technical manual;
- Understand how the scheme is rated on the different criteria, and how credits are awarded;
- Explain the BREEAM certification process;
- Confidently carry out a BREEAM assessment on an international new build project.
- BREEAM Principles
- Scope & Scheme Classification
- Assessment Practicalities
- BREEAM Projects, BREEAM Assessment Tools and Documentation
- Scheme Assessment Criteria
- Demonstrating and Validating Performance
- You will also be provided with instruction and guidance on applying for a licence, registering and submitting assessments, and celebrating successes.
To pass the course you will be required to take two multiple choice examinations, both of which are available online. The exams are open-book, allowing you to refer to any notes or documentation that may assist you. You will need to pass both examinations to become qualified as a scheme assessor and to apply for a BREEAM licence.
You will be required to register with our electronic proctoring centre. Your computer will need a webcam in order for you to sit an online examination. Before starting the examinations you will be required to prove your identity by showing either your passport, driving licence or EU ID card.
On successful completion of the course and the examinations you will be issued with notification that verifies your BREEAM International Assessor qualification. You will then be required to apply to BRE Global Ltd to become a Licenced BREEAM Assessor under the International Scheme in order to practice. You must make this application within 12 months of qualifying.
To practice as a licenced BREEAM International Scheme Assessor you will be required to pay an annual licence fee and hold adequate levels of professional insurance, in particular professional indemnity insurance. Further information on the route to becoming a licenced BREEAM Assessor can be found at breeam.com.