Thank you for your interest in entering the Structural Awards 2018
There are three parts to the submission process. To be considered for an award(s), and for the judges to properly assess your entry, all three parts must be completed in full before the deadline.
Part 1. Complete the online entry form
The following information must be provided to complete your Online Entry Form
- Company name
- Contact details
- Institution member representative details
NB: If you are entering a joint project please include all company names here
- Project name
- Brief description
- Date of completion
- 2-5 facts about your project
- Contact details
Supporting Contractors Information
- Principal contractor
- Key contributing contractors: role in project and company name
Please note that it is not possible to save an incomplete form. You must complete all fields and submit without leaving the page.
Once you have completed the entry form, you will receive a unique Entry ID. Please make a note of this as you will need it for the later stages of submission.
Please ensure that the information you provide is accurate as The Institution of Structural Engineers will include the content online and in print for shortlisted projects. The Institution of Structural Engineers accepts no liability for any inaccurate information submitted.
Please ensure you have gained permission from all involved parties before starting your submission.
Part 2. Submit an illustrated report
You will need to submit an illustrated report describing your project and including further photos and drawings to support your submission.
Please also submit the following:
- The illustrated report should respond to each of the judging criteria.
- The final report must be a maximum of 1,500 words and no more than 6 pages (single-sided) in an A4 PDF file.
- If more than 6 pages are submitted any subsequent pages will not be considered by the judges.
- Where possible, please include relevant metrics such as tonnes/metres, cost per square metre, total floor area and other data considered relevant to the project.
- A minimum of six high quality photographs. Maximum file size per image of 10MB. Each image must be uploaded as single image files.
- At least two full-page engineering drawings showing the general arrangement and typical sections and/or details of the structure (with dimensions and notes legible when printed at A4).
- Any video files, or links to video files, that provide context for the project.
Please note that submitted imagery will be used in the judging process, as well as for marketing, PR and AV at the Awards ceremony and dinner. Both media files (jpeg/png etc.) and the illustrated report should be clearly labelled with any desired credits. All media submitted must be cleared for use across all communications by The Institution of Structural Engineers. The responsibility for obtaining and securing this permission rests with the Awards applicant. By submitting images, you agree to the use of those images for all purposes related to the Structural Awards.
Please submit your file to firstname.lastname@example.org using wetransfer.com and ensure the Entry ID is stated.
If the project is shortlisted, additional high-resolution images and drawings may be requested for presentation and promotional purposes.
Part 3. Pay the entry fee
The entry fee is £290 + VAT per project.
Each project can be entered into a maximum of two principal categories.
Please visit the payment site to make your payment for entry to the Structural Awards 2018.
Payment must be recieved by 17:00 GMT on Monday 16 April.
Please note that entry fees are non-refundable.
Tell me more about payment
If you have any questions please email the Events Team
or call +44 (0)20 7201 9824. Please quote your unique Entry ID code and project title to help us identify you.