Terms and Conditions
To enter your project(s) in the Structural Awards 2019, your entry must adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Your complete entry (Part 1: online entry form, Part 2: illustrated report and Part 3: payment) must be received by the final closing deadline of 17:00 on Wednesday 24 April 2019.
- Entries may be submitted by any company involved in the project, but the named project representative must be a member of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- All members of the project team, including the client, must have given consent for the project to be entered in the competition.
- The project must be completed, or be due for completion, between 16 April 2018 and 17 April 2019.
- Entry forms will only be accepted via our website. All documents and information must be submitted as instructed. Entries provided on CD/DVD will not be accepted.
- Your illustrated report must total no more than 1500 words and six A4 pages (not including the cover sheet). Any pages thereafter will not be considered by the judging panel.
- Your project will be considered in a maximum of two categories. The judging panel reserve the right to reallocate entries to more appropriate or additional categories.
- All project accreditation between project team members must be agreed prior to making the entry. Please note: if a discrepancy arises between project team members, the project will be ineligible for consideration until the issue is resolved.
- The judges’ decision on all shortlisted entries and winners is final. It is not possible to provide individual feedback for entries that are not shortlisted. The judges reserve the right to make no awards within categories should entries be deemed unsuitable.
- Information submitted, and photographic copyright of any project images, will remain with the authors. Image files and illustrated reports must be clearly identified in the file name in order for authors to be credited. However, by submitting an entry you consent to the Institution of Structural Engineers using all information and media in any of its communications. This may include, but is not limited to, print and digital marketing, PR and exhibition purposes. The Institution may allow trusted third parties (eg journalists) to use such works for the purposes of promoting the Structural Awards.